View Single Post
      01-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
K330i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

first off: that guy is a horse's ass for telling you that shit over the phone. he has no clue as to what is wrong with the car. but until the car is checked out just keep letting him run his mouth and work him over later.

as for the gas issue: it could possibly be; but that is not your problem. these cars are not sold with a stipulation that you have to buy 100% gas from a select company. bmw knows that the U.S. is making the switch to ethanol (10%) and if they are not designing these cars to run on it they are in for a class action suit.

but with that said: not everyone knows that the ethanol is added to the fuel at the station and not the refinery. so if the guy driving the truck screws it up then everyone that fills up from that underground tank will have problems. have the fuel analized and if that is the case this will be your next step. going to the gas station and filling a claim for bad gas.

do a search and you'll find out if anyone else has collected (i know there have been complaints filed). just never heard back if they got money for repairs.

good luck......
Appreciate 0