View Single Post
      11-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #170
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFKnoL View Post
I am having troubles with my MS-8. I am thinking that it may be defective but want to hear some feedback from the great minds in this forum before.

My setup (all installed):
- Integra Ovation XO 4" (center channel)
- Hybrid Ovation 4 Comp - Morel 4" (2 fronts and 2 backs)
- ADMW SW 9 - Morel 9" (2 underseat subs)
- Memphis 15-SHP10 (1 main trunk sub)
- 16-MC4.125 - Memphis 125 x 4 Class AB Full Range Amplifiers (driving fronts and backs)
- PMZ1502 - Alphasonik 2 Ch. 150 Watt Amplifier (driving center)
- Memphis Belle (driving underseat subs in bridged mode and trunk sub @1.1KW)
- DSP: Previously the 3SIXTY.2 and now the MS-8

This is with the stock headunit of a 2010 e90 335i X using Technic's harness.

This setup worked very well with the 3Sixty and I was very pleased except that I didn't have the ability to controll the underseat subs independently. I moved to the MS-8 to get ability.

When I go the MS-8 a couple weeks ago, I set it up a couple of time going through the Input Setup/ calibration, etc and got decent results. I've done it about 3 - 4 times as it is kind of a work in progress to find the best tweak.

Here is the problem:

Now when I try to run the Input setup and the first 2 OK's, it oscillates between balance right and balance left and sometime jumps to noisy or no signal - but mostly between balance left and right. It is disconcerting to see it jump back and forth when I'm not changing anything. it changes batck and forth avery few seconds so I can never get to the ok ok ok to finish the calibration.

The doors are all closed (so no seat belt ping) and when I start this process, I start low and gradually raise the volume on the head unit the MS-8 says Signal OK and Level OK, but the balance never calms down. Of course, the HU balance is dead center (the "Tone" page is all in the default position).

I've tried tweaking the balance offcenter but that did not help the situation. I have also rigorously checked by wiring to make sure they are not at fault. I even plugged the 3Sixtly back in and it still works great. So I am convinced that there is something wrong with the MS-8. I also re-checked how I wired the MS-8 harness for the hi input wires (front and Rear speakers on inputs 1 - 4).

Have any of you encountered this type of situation? Can any of you see where I might be missing something? Or shall I try to return it for repair?

Thanks -
Use another calibration CD... report back.
Appreciate 0