View Single Post
      01-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
nicnic426
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 320d msport 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
Before spending money on a new battery, you need to find out if it really is just the battery being worn out or is something else, such as: the IBS (intelligent battery system) or the alternator.

If you've never had an issue with the battery before or changed your driving habits (so battery gets recharged) you may want to get it tested or recharge it yourself with say a CTEK charger. Some of their models let you know if the battery is faulty / cannot recharge fully or hold a full charge.

If you do need a new battery, it's easy to change, lots of diys on net etc and easy to find a Bosch replacement.

www.realoem.com will tell you what battery you have and if your car has IBS.

If it does have IBS, the new battery should be registered to the car to let it know that is has been replaced - the irony of IBS ha, ha. Any person that can perform coding can do this. If you don't register the battery, you might not have any issues if you're lucky but it's not the proper way.

You should not lose all settings as some are stored on the key fob. Some you will, but no big deal.
Ive went to my local garage to test the batter the other day, we performed multiple test on the battery in order to find the fault. however the test proved the battery is in good working order with no sign of weakness or being faulty.

The guy said there was no need to purchase a new battery as I have no problem starting the car in hot or cold weather.

The most irritating thing is that when I start my car up from time to time, the dash will show the battery symbol in amber. It just annoying as I dont know wither it is my local garage incompetent or is there some kind of problem with my car sensors or the battery itself. but I do not have any problem starting the car what so ever.

thanks for the advice my friend, much appreciated.
Appreciate 0