Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wduck View Post
I guess with that logic, no one should have made a rectangular intercooler either. Copy of BMW's. Just because it's stepped does not mean it's a copy. If Helix did have an original then they more than likely would have requested a patent on it. Is VRSF going to be treated the same because of their dp's? They sure look like a lot of the others on the market.
If the core is different then it's not a development copy, it's seems to be just shaped the same. There doesn't seem to be many different shapes a company can design within the area that they have to work with. I really don't believe Helix is concerned about losing sales to them. Helix's reputation precedes them and their sales will show.

And I do have a and love my Helix.
With your logic, you might as well saying that BMW should start selling Avant Garde + VMR for making CSL Rep's. THe reason why there is a problem with Wagner copying Helix's design is that it's unique. Prior to Helix, nobody was using a stepped intercooler design for the N54/N55.

Like I mentioned, we'll see what happens with VRSF's new products once they're released. YES, if there's no patent or copyright infringement, then there's no legal conflict. Is it "low" for a company to come out of no where & copy another company's proven & highly successful IC design?? YES
Appreciate 0