04-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #12
dblrguy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i & 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoduffer View Post
It sounds like you really want to mod your ride and I don't blame you. I would want to do all of those things too. But....

For $10K, you could buy and fix up a e36 m3 to beat the crap out of without worrying about messing up your DD.
Its not just wanting to mod it. I had one of the first e90s (06) in my area. I moved and deployed and spent the next 5 years wishing I had waited for the N54. A couple times a year I would do the math to see if I could get one. Because of the 335 being released my 330 just did not maintain its value. I decided I was going to have to keep it at the three year mark and did the wheels and suspension. The stance is perfect. I wash it and take good care of it and still get compliments when I'm out and about. The stars aligned and I was able to pass the 330i to the wife and get the perfect 335. 2010, MT, less than 26K miles, fully loaded and CLEAN. I bought it for $20K under the sticker price form 18 months earlier. It does not help that I've had over 3 years worth of deployment time to research parts for this car I had wanted for so long. I legitimately want the stance and a better ride than the 330. At the same time I have a hard time spending more on parts than a decent used car.

This is a large reason I'm posting this up. I want to hear some pros and cons of this setup.

Thanks for posting!
Appreciate 0