06-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #17
foghat
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsull80 View Post
Yeah most likely but the fan in AC mode is looking at the pressure transducer as well as temp. Something tells me your fan is looking at the pressure and is ramping up from there. My fan blows really hard on my car but I live in Alabama where it is always hot... All I can say is take it to the stealership and let a SA tell you a bs line and go back home pissed off... I still think its something normal or simple fix... But I'm 100% sure it is tied to the AC system in some way if it only reacts to you turning it on and off.

Sensors go bad all the time. Try this turn the car on and then turn the AC on low. See if the fan ramps up and down, or just goes wide open and stays that way. If that happens you may just need the AC control module reflashed by the dealer. Or some type sensor may have taken a dump on you and is sending a false signal.
The rad fan speed increases and decreases with the AC fan speed. If I set the overall AC intensity of Soft (was on intense/high) that helps too. If the AC fan speed is low, the rad fan is all that loud.

At this point I think i am going to leave things be and see how she goes.
Appreciate 0