View Single Post
      04-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #42
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: OVER SLOW LEFT LANE DRIVERS!

so over the weekend Doyle was gracious enough to let me ride in his 335xi with TCK Coilovers installed and I must say the ride was A LOT more comfortable than I expected. NOVA roads are not the best especially following the winter and you def felt the potholes but the TCK's recovered fast (not sure what aspect contributes to this factor - dampening / spring rate maybe?). I would def use those on a DD and it was surprising. On the on ramps it felt great - unlike my stock sport suspension which rolls worse than my old MDX.

I am not sure if I would be willing to pony up $2k for some TCK's but I was def impressed with the ride quality for track-ready suspension. I am FOR SURE getting coil overs now and going to customize it to my liking. I think that is the key. If you are looking to just lower the ride - and set it and forget it - spring shock combo is for you - but for a few more hundred dollars to get the coils is worthwhile IMHO...

I am still on the hunt for the right application for me - will update with my decision - but more opinions are welcome please!