09-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #143
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahy View Post
Hi I am picking up a 320D SE (2008) E90 with a professional radio in early next week and looking at options to get bluetooth and iPod connected and have the ability to use the steering wheel controls initial thoughts are a Dension Gateway 500S BT but my car doesn't have the CD changer in the boot and I am led to belive that I need to get it coded/registered to accept the Dension, The BMW dealer I am buying it from doesn't appear keen to help or understand what I want to do, another option is a Parrot kit. I am after a bit of advice from you and also any idea's on who to ask to code the car, I am based in Cambridge.

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,
Most of 3 series come with CD prep which means you should have cable in the trunk to attach your kit, should you wish to. If you provide me last 7 digits of your VIN number, I can look into it.

Does you car come equiped with bluetooth?

If you are thinking of going for Dension Gateway kit, it will require coding. But whoever fits it, should code your car as well. It is usually included in the fitting price.

Dealer will only sell you their ipod kit (which is going to be useless with new iphone / ipod) and will code your car. You will be left out for Bluetooth option then.

Cannot comment on parrot kit, as I never used it.

HTHs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I'll try make it work mate. Can you let me know your movements once you know?

Cheers
Matt
I will let you know Matt. This time, we will sort it out hopefully.