Str8Blck328I
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335icandy View Post
What you guys fail to realize, is your system is only as good as your weakest link. Basic Audiophile knowledge 101.
WTF does that even MEAN?

That processor does a couple of things. It corrects amplitude deviations. It does not correct deviations in the time domain. It also acts as a preamp - essential in cars with dynamic equalization - not relevant here. It acts as a time-domain compensation delay processor, an equalizer, a crossover, and it does some other things not relevant here (Bluetooth input, etc). All the else last things the processor doesn't do, the guy who tunes it does.

If there are rules to system design, one of them is "Don't underspednd on speakers and try to fix it with a processor." If I were taking someone's money - wait, when I actually DO take someone's money - I bias toward the speaker drivers.

And we never would cut the dash of the car to flush mount a DRC. I see it as unneeded and unattractive. Method Sound does nice trunk work and he seems like a nice guy when I've spoken with him, I'm really surprised at this DRC.

If this car has L7, I hope it's getting signal from a DA2.

B1 is a fine processor. My issue is with the DRC, and with the statement above implying that it has magic powers.
All that sounds reasonable- yet I myself wanted the DRC mounted there-

I do believe its your right to preference it as unattractive- yet this is my vehicle and my money.

I have asked in another thread to be able to listen to someone that has a MUSICAR system installed (preferably the High end) in a E90 but I have yet to have anyone respond to that request. And just to be clear its more for my own research- just want to hear the difference- not for any kind of competition... So if you can make that happen it would be very kind of you

Jesus Loves You!
Appreciate 0