12-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #24
EMC
rallyroad.net
Rep
Drives: G80x,E90 M3,LTW M3,MCoupe,etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaDZL View Post
Mike,
Could you address a couple of questions that I have, which are mostly related to my newness to my car.

I have BMW Assist active. Will it transmit any code it receives to the dealership? Will it only do this when I activate it? Is there a priority of codes it will transmit? (like SES no, but limp mode yes)

Also, I think I have read that the CAN tool will not erase a limp mode error. Is that true? If so, isnt this a red flag for the dealer, given how wildly popular the JBD is and will continue to be?

I have also red that the little white connector piece we remove before install is brittle and likely will break after a few install/uninstalls. Are these parts that your company can acquire and provide for sale?

Obviously my concerns center around my warranty.....esp considering I plan on getting it extended to 100k. Thanks in advance.
I leave the little white plastic piece out when going back to stock. Never had an issue.

The CAN tool erases everything as far as I can tell. Lately, I've just left it plugged in so when the car randomly goes into limp mode, I can press the reset button and get back to full power within 30 seconds.
Appreciate 0