05-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Jose_JN
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: e93 330d

DIY: Installing Light Package on my BMW e93

Hi mates!

This time I am showing you how to install the light package inside your Bimmer. This is only valid for e92 or e93 but maybe you could adapt it to e90 or other models...

This package is composed by 4 lighting pipes which are installed in the leather panels. I have also retrofitted the rear footwell lights which are very usefull on the e93 because they don't have lights at the rear seats...

This is a quite difficult DIY because you have to drill your panels and this is not a plug&play installation.

Luckly for us, the holes are marked at the panels.
You have to drill them, then install the mouldings and glue them to the panel.
There are many ways to glue them to the door panel but the original is melting the plastic pipes in the mouldings and fix them.
I did it in this way but if you use screws and washers could be better because you could adjust better the moulding to its position.

Then, you have to give electricity to the LEDs, I connect them to the power windows switches lights for the front lights and the light at the lighter for the rear part.

This is the video where I show you how to do it. Remember that you can see in HD, better for focus on the details

Be careful with:
- Insulate the wiring and connections!
- Be careful when drilling the leather because it has a quilted inside which could roll up easily in the drill bit
- Be careful with the transparent pipes, they are very fragiles

For me, they are wonderful, now, I have a warm light which illuminates the entire car but not very bright.

Regards!
PS: Remeber that you can watch my other DIY at JoseJJn - YouTube
PS2: Sorry if I made some mistakes writing in English, it isn't my mother tongue...
Appreciate 0