11-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ant View Post
i seen some guy with an e92 with caliper covers at LTBMW meet last year, I chuckled a bit. But they are available for our calipers.

Not trying to add gas to the fire, there are other options opposed to covers. BMW performance brakes look awesome and don't look tacky at all, not expensive compared to real BBK.

Now that I'm looking at it, a bbk or performance kit doesn't actually sound as bad, I just wish that it didn't look so mechanical. Why couldn't they offer this on the sports packages -.- lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
Our calipers perform very, very well, which is the most important part.

But if you're considering putting those covers, please sell your car and buy a civic. I hear they look great after you cut the springs.

If you'd prefer drive the ultimate driving machine, stick with the BMW with ugly calipers, or god-forbid, spend a few grand on your $50k machine, and get some better performing brakes that as a side-benefit, look nice too.

No. The 1 series and M vehicles do not have covers. You're looking at the actual caliper assembly.
I wasn't really considering getting the caliper covers. I was just curious if there was a way to make them look "more appealing." I already have performance rotors but I wanted to have the appeal of the calipers to look as good as the rotors. I guess the only way is to get a bbk so it doesn't look "tacky." Or ill just paint the calipers. The only reason I asked is because some sections of the calipers are rusted and it looks horrible.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0