View Single Post
      03-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #29
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoEV View Post
What consistently surprises me is the shock and amazement people have when a 'luxury' car is parked on the street in a large city and it gets damaged.

I'm often reminded of countless stories of people who think they have 'arrived' because they purchased something with perceived status yet seem incapable or unwilling to bear the full cost of ownership.
  • A McMansion but no regular lawn care or lawn service
  • A luxury car but base insurance with high deductible
  • A luxury car but no garage space to park it
  • A luxury car fighting for a street parking space instead of paying for valet secured parking

Instead of hating on everyone and everything, pay the full freight if you want to 'live large'. Otherwise, get a Ford Focus or Hyundai Elantra and buy some peace of mind.

JMHO

I live in manhattan. The lease on my car, if I leased, would be around 400-500 a month. Want to guess the rent for a parking garage in my neighborhood? 400-500. For the price of a garage I could get a second car.

Just because I enjoy a nice car doesn't mean I'm "living large". This isn't an M3 for Alpina or w/e. I don't think it's too much to ask for others to respect personal property. I don't see why instead of blaming the vandals, you choose to blame the owners. It's like "what a woman got raped? Oh it's her fault for wearing a skirt and actually going outside without bodyguards."

On topic, I found bootprints on my hood and roof this last Sunday. Someone had decided to climb onto and over my car. Luckily no dents.
Appreciate 0