View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #28
koss2010
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianBuilt View Post
Well, the idea when purchasing this car was that I would try and do as much work as I could myself. Given the complexity of the fuel injectors, I actually had those done at the dealer They also had to program my new xenon control unit for the adaptive xenons. The wheel bearing also had to be done at a shop, after I purchased the parts myself of course. I'm going to install the lock actuators myself this weekend.

Thanks all for your replys. I'm so torn on this car. I've never had a car cause me so much headache. When it's working without problem, I absolutely love it. It's a manual with sports package and staggered 162s, the thing is an absolute blast to drive.

If these are the only little things I have to deal with, then that's fine, maybe. I'm thinking along the lines of even bigger headaches like turbo problems, engine/transmission problems, subframe (see E46), etc.

I've actually been looking at maybe replacing it with an E46 ZHP, or a brand new Jetta GLI. Something I know I can fix, or something with warranty.

{retty sure the thermostat/water pump is a known problem with those cars too. Just a heads up
Appreciate 0