Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander View Post
Lowered != good handling
If someone is posting their car in the "slammed thread", they obviously don't care about handling that much.
You're clearly exaggerating with 3" lower and 5" poke. I'm just saying that almost everyone one of these cars would be much better off with lowering the front 0.5-1" or raising the rear respectfully.
BMWs come with reverse rake from the factory. It's just not flattering to look at.
Lowered doesnt always equal good handling. If you go too low and compromise your suspension that kills handling. You need some movement of everything to take impacts and the surface of the road or else you lose traction. Plus if you go really wide wheel with really skinny tire you are losing more grip there compared to if you went with a big wide tire. IE if you run a 10 inch wheel, you should be running 275 tires or more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
so 19 inch wheels with the tiny tires are put on for handling sake? lip kits are put on for aerodynamics right?

im pretty sure a slammed e9x looks good, i think the white one pictured before your post looks amazing, and many people would agree.
Actually, you two are right. I did jump the gun a little bit, with this being a "slammed" thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven 328 View Post
Dude all you do is bash people on here
I kind of agree here. Let people mod their cars the way they want to. Maybe what you consider "constructive" is demeaning to them. Just saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander View Post
I have posted my car. It has 5800 miles on it with KW coils, OEM BMW Performance grilles, and M6 winter wheels. I'll post pictures when it's actually modded and the way I want it.
This is a public forum. I'm expressing my opinions, publicly. I give praise where it's deserved, and constructive criticism otherwise. If someone thinks their car is slammed even though it has wheel gap, I'll be sure to correct them.
You state that its a public forum with everybody having their own opinion. But you go around telling everybody that their car is too high when they have it set where they want to, thats my only confusion.

I for one, think running uber wide wheels with tiny tires is ridiculous. But this is my opinion, and you have yours. Thats totally fine. But telling everybody that posts a picture they need wider wheels and to drop it just gets old after awhile, dont you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
I understand that it's a public forum and you like to express your opinions, but you don't have to be a complete ass about it. Please be respectful of other people's rides please. my .02 cents.
+ 1
Appreciate 0