Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekshop View Post
Even with Autologic the coding is not always protected according to Brian from Autologic UK and can be erased by BMW dealer.

Tom, since you decided to be a very active poster in all out threads, you should not give a false information to the M3post members.

Aleks.
This is e90Post.

Very few things in this world are black and white and all there are variables in all situations. Your generic response will depends on the specific type of coding performed, including variables like if the vehicle order is changed or not and what specific options are being coded. Just having the tools do not make a technician, proper training, experience and available resources to handle most type of situations is what does.

This cannot be learned in less than 3 months of obtaining an autologic.

An example using the LCI Taillamp retrofit, LCI taillight programming can be overwritten with an update using a FRM2, while FRM3 coding is safe if updates were performed at your dealer. It purely depends on the situation.

On the LCI taillight retrofit side, much info was given in this thread for those looking for a bit of history: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393828, with detailed info in Page 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
Any shops around the DC area that have Autologic programming?
Feel free to PM me directly and I will be happy to locate an autologic programming facility nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakman View Post
Too bad I already bought RemoteKEY or I'd be all over it. I'll have to let my buddy know - he was too scared to do RemoteKEY but this is a great solution.

Could you PM me the price to do windows up/down and mirror folding with remote on a 2010 335i (my friend's car). Thanks.
Keep in mind that unlike remoteKEY, your friend will require the lock button is held during the entire closing process using programming.

There are two methods of installation on the modules, for those not interested in alarm emulation, installation is less than 15 minutes and non-obtrusive - if he's not comformatble with the installation, any 12V would be able to perform the install in no time at all. Autologic programming requires no installation on your friend's end, but is very limited in overall features.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM

Last edited by tom @ eas; 08-05-2010 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 0