View Single Post
      06-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #190
rtjones
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 328i, 1995 VW Passat

I hope at least someone is able to benefit from my firist-time (or two) experience with Zaino.

I HAVE JUST DISCOVERED ZAINO!!!

So I didn't think I would put on a coat of Z2, as I'm selling my car, and after claying and AIO, I thought that was plenty. Well, here is a Sunday late morning, and I went ahead with the Z2.

One thing I have not seen mentioned in this entire thread that I believe is key - the applicator MUST BE KEPT DAMP. Without a damp applicator, the product cannot be spread evenly, nor can it be applied in extremely small quantities, which is a must with Zaino. As is known from my prior post, I could not get the AIO off last night without using Z6. I don't think that is the method intended to be used. I am no absolutely positive the cause was too much product.

I just Z2'd my car, and I don't think I used 2 teaspoons for the entire car - this is accurate. I started by soaking my applicator, then squeezing out all of the water and just dabbing maybe 5-7 tiny specs of Z2 on the applicator. I rubbed it into a panel, shot the applicator with a squirt or two of water, and did the next panel. I may have used only 1 teaspoon for the entire car.

The magic came when I removed the haze and buffed the finish with a microfiber towel. Less than moderate pressure produced the best finish I've experienced yet with Z2. I'm so glad I applied this coat, and learned this technique, as now I can apply it to my 335i when it comes in.

Funny that in none of the detailing threads I've read, does it mention the damp applicator. Or suggest a spray bottle to keep the pad damp. Hope this helps someone.

NICE!!!!
Appreciate 0