View Single Post
      02-09-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
FPO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 335d M-Sport

BMW 335d vs Audi S3 1.8T

Right, had a bit of a run in with an S3 last night.
Whilst approaching double lane traffic lights which had just turned green I overtook a number of cars and at the front an old model S3.
I didnt want to race tbh, however he seemed to take exception to being overtaken. After about 3 miles driving very steady through town I notice that hes still behind me.
I live out in the country side and so didnt think much of it until he hammered past me on a 50mph dual carriage way. I casually kept him in sight without really pushing too hard and doing huge speeds however we got to another set of traffic lights which are directly before a national speed limit dual carriageway.

He floored it and to be completely honest until about 60/70 mph he was very gradually pulling away which completely surprised me. Considering I was in DS and DTC was on, I thought I would have kept up with him easily. It was only until we got past 70mph did I finally notice he was being quickly reeled in.
He stayed in front of me as I was turning off about half a mile down the road so didnt see the point of getting past him. Gave him a quick double flash of the full beams and he gave me a quick hazards flash. Bit of mutual respect lol

Does this surprise anyone as I thought the big D would have mullered a 1.8T S3. I know it could have modded (remap etc) without me knowing, however it does seems strange.

I can hear people whispering remap to me, dont worry i definately will be getting it done. Just not until we start seeing a lot more sunshine (like yesterday for ppl in SW) as theres nothing more infuriating than having a car going nowhere and a load of lights flashing at you on the dials when accelerating.
Appreciate 0