Tallgeese179
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i xDrive

Talking Turbo Replacement Warranty Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamfa39 View Post
I would go to rahal. Sales manger, Tim Brady , good friend of mine.
Tell him dj recommended him
UPDATE

Now that the weather is nice and my windows are down all the time, I quickly got annoyed with the rattle. I have a 6MT, so I can hide the rattle most of the time (just roll around in neutral), but sometimes it can't be avoided. So, I finally got around to scheduling the inspection at Bobby Rahal BMW. The appointment was last Thursday (5/28/15) at 1PM. I dropped the car off and went back to work with a co-worker. An hour later I got a call from them that went something like this:

SA: "Your car definitely has rattle. In the SIB it says we can't replace it for rattle, but lucky for you it also has a clanking noise. You will be having the turbos replaced under warranty. We can't take the car now as it's hot, but you can schedule an appointment, drop it off, and we'll give you a loaner for the two days we’ll have it in”

The excitement was nearly impossible to contain. I went in to pick up my car (freshly washed and vacuumed by BMW) and discussed the details. He said that the tech working on the car is a master level technician and handles pretty much all of the n54 turbo warranty replacements. The SA, and technicians were very knowledgable about the N54, making me very comfortable about having the service done there. The one technician actually recommended I get JB4 as soon as the turbos are on.

I will be using the opportunity to get some maintenance done as well, as the engine will already be out. The only thing I discussed with the SA is the oil pan gasket and the VTG transfer case fluid. Are there any other things (valve cover gasket or clutch) that I should get replaced to take advantage of the fact the engine will be completely out of the car? The car has 69K on it, and I have just recently replaced the OFH gasket, walnut blasted the intake, and replaced all of the vacuum lines.

Once again, thanks for all the help fellas. I will be keeping this thread updated over the next week on the progress of the warranty. I’m dropping my car off on Tuesday night and they will begin the replacement on Wednesday (6/3/15). The SA told me I could stop by at the end of the second day to take some pictures of the progress. They will also document the replacement with some pictures along the way.
Appreciate 0