beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
Same here, I don't smoke...I take the same applies to you...or you buy your smokes from elsewhere!

Agreed, personally I will be making some small sacrifices here and there to get the car I want next...just where I choose to spend my money (after the mortgage is paid and food is on the table of course).
Sorry, yes do smoke and buy elsewhere. Helps alot living near to a large port with ferries to the continent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
Note they changed the rules again after all the compliants about the 2001-2006 thing.....

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...icle/DG_172916
Oh yes remember this now.

So potentially £950 to register a high output CO2 new car. What's the betting the dealers compensate with some discount/extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
ROFL...but in principal it's the "fairest" way of administering road tax right? The more fuel your car uses and the more mileage you do the more tax you pay.

It's all an effin con anyway...
I used to think this even though my present and past two cars are in the highest VED bands but then I thought what about all the lorries that transport our food etc to the supermarkets. If their costs spiral for example, who is going to pay..............us surely in increased food/goods prices.

So ultimately it's all bollocks imo. Just another way of screwing us with more taxes.
Appreciate 0