View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierdoc View Post
I resent the tone of some of the posters in this forum!

I do of course know the process of how the newer i-Drive nav systems are updated. I know about the enabling codes tied to the VIN, etc. What I was pointing out, if the previous poster had carefully read my post, is that the BMW navigation site it specifically says the 2011 Disks are available. And if you have an older non-HD iDrive, you can order the 2011 disks. However, if you have a newer i-Drive, which requires Dealer installation, the BMW Site doesn't specifically say the 2011 Disks are available. It simply says that you must visit your dealer. It is thus slightly ambiguous as to whether the 2011 updates are available for the newer i-Drive.

If you don't have something helpful or positive to say, please don't say anything!
You "resent the tone"?

How ambiguous is "you must visit your dealer"? You go or you don't, you call or you don't.

This is not BMW customer service, it is a forum. The same way the OP took his time to post his discovery of the 2011 updates for the "old" iDrive, anybody can do the same for the HD-iDrive 2011 update. Just call your freaking local dealer if you want to know, then post it here as a contributor...
Appreciate 0