10-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #10
skierdoc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
You "resent the tone"?

How ambiguous is "you must visit your dealer"? You go or you don't, you call or you don't.

This is not BMW customer service, it is a forum. The same way the OP took his time to post his discovery of the 2011 updates for the "old" iDrive, anybody can do the same for the HD-iDrive 2011 update. Just call your freaking local dealer if you want to know, then post it here as a contributor...
You're right - this is a forum - a place for owners to share knowledge and insight. Someone earlier simply asked if that update was also available for the HD-iDrive. If you know, simply answer with a "yes" or "no." No need to start calling people "lazy-ass" for not pouring through prior posts (of which there are none I found regarding this issue), or calling their dealer (who doesn't always know.)

FYI - I did call my dealer / SA this morning. He did not know whether the 2011 navigation update is available for any model. He stated he would do some research and let me know.

FOLLOW-UP: My SA says the 2011 Navigation update IS available for the HD-iDrive. I have my car scheduled for routine maintanence next week, so I'll have them do the update.

Last edited by skierdoc; 10-13-2010 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: Added Follow-up
Appreciate 0