View Single Post
      10-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #20
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Integration is a term used loosely.
You can "integrate" meth into any tune.

However, true integration is a reactive and proactive system. Cobb does not currently have both, only the Piggies.

That being said, does it make a difference, perhaps not much. But interms of efficiency PROcede and their meth kit still does it better then the rest.

Keeping that in mind, not all of us need the best or want the best.

I personally ran a basic methanol kit, raced tons of cars, and smoked them, I had very happy logs and a excellent running car. I also did it for a fraction of the cost compared to other options out there. Did I know the other options are better and why, yes, but I did not find value in those options.

I think some people defend what they run too much without the realization that some people just dont need all the bells and whistles or perhaps some want all the bells and whistles and dont want to settle for "good enough". Sure, it is better, but some need to understand the value of certain things and what they need and want.

If you asked me today, unbiased, and said what should I run for a tune and methanol on this car if I want the best of the best, I would say PRocede and Vishnu PWM kit, without hesitation. <--- Strictly unbiased

If you said Jeff, what do you run, I would say a basic kit, with no failsafe.... (not the best), but it certainly worked.

For me, I like to keep things simple, sometimes these controllers and failsafes and other electronics fail, and leave you with a head ache and chasing your tale.

My simple on and off boost switch was 100% reliable. I can't say the same for other failsafes and controllers I've used over the years, which left me at a loss many times, not only financially, but on the road.

Oh and stay away from windshield washer methanol kits!!!

This is one reason I dont recommend methanol to amateurs , there is a lot to learn and know, and you need to understand the benefits and losses of all options.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 10-01-2012 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0