View Single Post
      12-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
boosted5
Banned
Rep
Drives: 535i

Post Just another n54 engine build thread

To make my long story short, younger brother ended up blowing my motor by throwing the trans into 2nd instead of 4th. As a result the timing chain had snapped and a few pistons seem to have kissed a few valves. Still in the process of tearing everything down but it isn't looking too good for the n54 here, new head will be needed I am told by my shop as well as a few new pistons. I could sit here cry, whine and most importantly make my brother wash the car every week for the next 2 years of his life but instead I choose to take a breath, and take advantage of this opportunity. As soon as the tear down is done and we have a full picture of everything, I will be ordering CP forged 9;5;1 pistons from vac and possibly getting the head machined to flow better by a local shop( Suggestions Needed ). I have pm'd tony for stg3 turbos, RB about his (which he has in-stock). Tony says 1 month for the stg3 but the RB are already proving to provide a ton of power for the money. It all depends if VT can finish up the stg3 turbos in a month or two I would be willing to give them a go if not then RBs it is. I also want to say that I did contact vishnu and waiting to hear back from them as well. Car is going from procede and dci to fully built with upgraded turbos, suggestions are welcome. Stay tooned.
Appreciate 0