View Single Post
      04-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #82
bandido
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Singapore Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
And it is also remarkable that at these power levels, the car had no limps, no stumbling, and no tuner codes. And this was done on stock diverter valves!
Awesome times Warren!! Your continued work at the strip is impressive. I noticed on the N54- Site, Terry talking about some safety features you have disabled? I am not sure I understand how they work, but does it allow you any direct control boost over boost? Are you just maxxing it out without the DME or the JB3 getting in the way?

Here is the info from Terry

"The JB3 has software and hardware "over boost" protection built in. On the software front, we limit how much solenid offset the JB3 can induce per a given boost target (other systems have this as user adjustable, on the JB3 we set it per map). As a back stop safety we also have a hardware limit built in, in the form of two 24 ohm resistors. The two combine to prevent run away boost spikes, spinning the compressors to the moon, etc.

We allow more than enough duty cycle for say 15psi stock, or 16-17psi with mods, with reasonable duty cycle. But when you try to pump too much boost through a car with not enough mods, you need to close the wastegates more. Most reasonable people would just lower the boost or add more modifications. But some crazy people like Warren just ask us to change the safety limit. In this case we replaced his 24ohm resistors for 18ohm resistors to prevent the underboost limp he would otherwise have running 16-17psi on a 100% stock motor."

What was involved in making these changes? Can you simply ask Terry to do this or be a Beta tester, DIY, etc??

Thanks for any info?
Appreciate 0