View Single Post
      11-05-2009, 04:13 AM   #47
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Hi Helen,

Yes agree with making it difficult for them. I have probably gone too far with that as I have cctv, high spec security lighting, dead bolted doors (even internal doors get locked every night) External alarm & two internal alarm systems....... paranoid not me

Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Marc, I understand fully what Paul and you mean and obviously Paul's experience is bound to make him think like that but my point is the instances in my area cannot have been committed by violent types per se otherwise the Police would not be publicly giving the advice of taking your keys upstairs. Maybe it's different in other areas of the country, I don't know, but have not read or seen anything in the media to this effect.

I don't want anyone taking my car full stop the thought of it makes me feel sick, and my biggest problem would be stopping my partner from confronting tbh. My idea of minimising the risk is by not having the keys visible to anyone, but then surely that's why we have curtains/blinds etc. to cover windows/doors. Make it as awkward and as time consuming for them as possible and they'll move on to easier pickings.

I just don't want anyone on here to be the 'easy pickings'.
Appreciate 0