View Single Post
      12-16-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
Olo@G3
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 335i AT

[335i] Oil consumption and brakes issues.

Hello.

My car is 335i Step with 30.000 miles on it. I look for an advice on these issues:

1. Oil consumption: how much oil a reasonably used 335i should consume? I had to add a quart of oil twice within 1500 miles. Isn't it too much? There is no oil leak and I haven't seen any blue smoke. Some people say BMW high performance engines use a lot of oil and this is my first bimmer so I don't have any personal experience. I used to own VAG turbo cars and they just never used any oil between changes :

2. Red BRAKE warning light. Some weeks ago I got it on my dash and Idrive informed of necessity to change pads front and rear. I checked the brake fluid level and it was well within OK range. I knew the pads were ok, so I just reset the warning. Some ten days later it came on again. This time I changed pads and sensors even tough they were perfectly ok (more than half of the pads left) just to make sure and reset the warning light again. A week later d..n light is on again. Any ideas? Anyone had this problem before?

Regards.
Alex
Appreciate 0