View Single Post
      01-11-2006, 01:07 AM   #27
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1989 Ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3
sounds great so how did the instalation go? did you instal at the dealer like you planned or go to another third party shop?
I went to this place called Great Neck Auto Tech. It's in great neck, ny on east shore road. Trust me, I will only take my car and future cars to this place. I first went to the body shop called Bodyworks Unlimited, which is also located on east shore rd, to get a estimate on the damage on the right side skirt. I told the guy my story about the ghetto bodyshop fucking up my car. And he was amused I didn't even get the exhaust installed. So he recommended Great Neck Auto Tech. I specifically asked if they specialized on BMW or German automotive. He said to me " Go up there and look what type of cars they are working on. They specialize on all high end, luxury cars." So I drive up there and fair enough their is a shinny red Ferrari Testarossa. I'll admit most of my doubt was allivated in that instant. So the install was about 1 1/2 hours, it seemed longer due to the fact that the shop had alot of cars to work on.

PS - I left my deposit for the repair at Bodyworks Unlimited. The damage isnt really that severe. They just have to replace this big square block that is immediately underneath the right side skirt where the pillar for the passenger front and side door meet. Also to be replaced is the plastic covering that basically covers the entire bottom of the car from the metal chassis.

PS2 - l4wr3nc3, My own dealership refused to install the eisenmann exhaust, or any aftermarket exhaust for that matter. He looked pretty annoyed and pissed after I asked him the question.
Appreciate 0