dirigir é a minha paixão
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93 328c N52 3.0L cabriolet

Garage List
2002 325xi  [0.00]
2009 328i cabriolet  [0.00]
just changed to AKEBONO EURO CERAMIC PADS

This is my fourth set of pad replacement, I got about 32K miles... and so far it has been the best replacemet!!! Very low dust, extremely quiet and ultra smooth. Good stopping and no fading. I am very happy... finally it is braking better than the OEM without the dust. I yanked out the ATE OEM pads at around 5K miles due to its annoying black dust. Replaced with ultra high performance EBC Red which was not suitable for every day driving and VERY loud squeaks when cold. Changed to Centric PosiQuiet semi metallic, which were low dust but stopping distance was not par with the OEM ATE's. I read about Akebono's but could not find the correct stock for the e93 larger front calipers last year, but now I got discounted from Tire Rack which fits the larger floating front calipers of e93 series. The Akebono's are so far the best made replacement pads with integrally mounted fabric anti rattling shims in the inner front pads. Also the cut outs for the brake sensors are a perfect fit. The high temperature anti rattling grease that comes with the kit is a must. The sensor snaps in without any damages, unlike the EBC which I had to replace with new sensors. The Centric PosiQuiet were low dust, so this time around the calipers were a lot cleaner than when I had the OEM ATE's. I definitely recommend these pads for e93 series bimmers.

Sou fanático por conversíveis...

Last edited by hookah66; 03-15-2012 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0