View Single Post
      03-23-2007, 09:56 AM   #24
CoralRedPlz
restless
Rep
Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

just called my head service advisor who said to 'call if there is anything at all we can do for you.'

he hadnt heard of the update so he put me on hold to talk with the parts department. he was laughing as he got back on the phone and said that the parts manager was unwrapping the new software as we speak, they just got it in this morning. i told him i read about it on a bmw forum and he seemed impressed we knew what was going on before he did .

i told him that mine was excessively slow at some times and that it will occasionally freeze and i have to hit the back button to get it to respond and it still wont let me go back into that screen unless i restart the car (all which is true). i also mentioned the nav arrow thing as icing on the cake and he scheduled me in for next week, and got me a loaner for the day.

all this from a dealer that i didnt buy the car from. great service imo.

edit: thanks to the OP! i cant wait to have that POI +distance parameters. this is going to make the idrive nearly perfect, for me at least.