View Single Post
      09-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
BLK_08E90
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E70 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
for someone who is just going to "try some auto-x" I wouldn't recommend tossing all that stuff and going to coilovers. coilovers won't do squat if you are a beginner driver anyway.

Either way, that is a lot of modifications going on the car at one time. I'd be more concerned about who is doing the install, and getting a good alignment afterward.
Thanks for the replies....I'll be doing the install myself and going straight to an alignment shop after everything settles. This is one of the reasons why I posed the questions before I do the install, I really don't want to keep going back to the alignment shop everytime I add something in.

For alignment shop, I'm in Murrieta/San Diego area and Clarence Brown in Kearny Mesa seems to be highly recommended. I contacted them and it's $137 for a 4 wheel and can do any custom spec you want. Or the other option is at BMW of San Diego, I believe it's $199 not sure though.

I agree coilovers would be nice but I don't think it would be worth it for me, I mean for what i'll be using it for. I'll probably track the car 1-2 times a year (depends if I like it, i'll deal with it then). Plus I don't want to keep adjusting, just set it and forget it (unless issues arises).
Appreciate 0