View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #15
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio View Post
Since ww fluids are no more than 50% meth are they ok to use for the insurance companies?
I dont think any insurance company would want you to use your "Windshield washer fluid" as a form of alcohol injection on your car. I'm not an insurance agency nor am I in the claims department. BUT, if a policy holder came to me and said their car caught on fire cause they were injecting methanol into their engine to gain power, would I cover them? Ask yourself the same question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
I was lucky.

My car didn't catch fire, but the o-ring seal where the filler neck connects to the WW reservoir was compromised by the high meth concentration.

I parked the car one day to discover a steady drip from the bottom of the passenger door panel.

That was enough for me to immediately switch to a trunk mount tank and it was the best decision I could have made.

As others have mentioned, your flow rate improves because you are gravity feeding the pump and you are also keeping your meth tank cooler.

I didn't think it would happen to me.....but it did.

Meth degrades rubber seals, so it's just a matter of time with a WW tank.
I recall talking to a few people who were seeing small puddles under their car from time to time, speculating that their WW tank may be leaking. I remember someone telling me they ignored that hint, their car is no longer with them. Good move on your part to read into the clues and do the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec View Post
1. Yes the fast and furious team can help you with that.
2. Its as straight as Boy George. <--- this cracked me up the most lol
3. Yes protection is recommended. Please visit, www.std.com.
4. The JB4, is an older toy used and abused by now, please move onward.
5. You will be playing with his pipes at the track, while trying to beat them.
Appreciate 0