02-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #41
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
John - you may remember that we, as BMWCCA members get a 20% discount on parts and labor at BMW of Austin. Penny Boos is a superb SA - she's taken care of us and our cars now for 6 years.

PS - the ship carrying the new F30 docks in Port Brunswick today!
I do indeed remember, though I haven't yet had occasion to use that discount, except on an alignment I had done when I got new tires (long story). But at the moment I go to Flamingo for all of the service I have done beyond Ultimate Service partly out of convenience, partly because I'm not sure how track-friendly BMW of Austin is (though I've mentioned to my SA that my car sees the track), and partly because I've become friends with Joe there anyway -- plus as my HPDE instructor, Joe both rides in and drives my car at the track, which means he has a vested interest in making sure it's in peak operating condition there!

That said, I've had nothing but great experiences with my SA Thad Tucker there; bought him a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black for Christmas since he's gone above and beyond for me on several occasions.

Congrats on the new 335i being near! You hear a lot more of the wastegate blowoff on the N55 than the N54, reminds you even more that there's a turbo under the hood. Have you found a new home for your E92? And do you have your mod/performance upgrade list already sorted out?

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0