View Single Post
      09-14-2006, 10:35 PM   #45
drcain
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Nissan 350z - Daytona Blue

A letter was something I was leaning toward doing when I order one sometime around mid-January or so... but I wasn't thinking of specifying the dealer profit/markup. I fig'd they could figure that out on their own and knowing that the request was being sent to other dealers, they'd give a total price accordingly and reasonable. Simply, I was going to ask for a total-out-the-door price and leave it open ended.

That and I was going to include a couple dealer-installed options too (ipod adapter and alarm, specifically) in the otd price, so I'd think the dealer would find a little additional incentive to be had by responding?

Anyway, I think I'd get more responses being a little more open ended in just asking for their best out-the-door-price for the car with x, y, and z than whether they'll meet price $X. And then once I get some responses, I could take into account which dealerships I'd rather do business with as well (as I already know some I prefer and also others I'd rather not buy from).

I'm curious as to the response you got from your letter/email too. good luck
Appreciate 0