View Single Post
      05-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #156
RobertaZ
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrewt View Post
All the answers to your questions have already been answered in this thread. Maybe you should read it from the start? If that is too much of an endeavor, I'll crush your cream now and mention that dealerships in the USA will not sell a NEW car out of country. This is fact.
Sorry to crush your cream, but none of the questions have been answered in this thread. I asked if anyone was given a hard getting warranty work done by BMW Canada. Elite Imports heard that some folks were given a hard time about getting warranty work done. I specifically asked if any of the posters to this forum had been given a hard time getting warranty work done.

Your "fact" about dealerships in the USA not selling new cars out of country is simply incorrect. I called two BMW dealerships in the U.S., one not far from the Ontario border and the other one not far from the Quebec border. Both offered to sell me new cars if I could provide them with local state addresses. Neither balked when I told them I intended to import the car into Canada. It is simply a matter of opening up your contact book and finding a friend or relative who lives in one of those states. So technically, they are selling cars out of the country. Both dealers said that they can lose their dealerships if they sell cars directly to Canadians for export to Canada.

I have a relative in NH, a state that has no sales tax and will be buying a 2012 328i as soon as they're out!

BTW, I read this thread from the 1st post.....

Last edited by RobertaZ; 05-25-2011 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0