View Single Post
      08-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Taipei-TT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 2.0D

Just two weeks ago...my car went it for routine service...came out with a 10cm scratch on the lower lip of the bumper.

They gave me a loaner and resprayed the bumper for no charge. Good job on the paint (which had plenty of stone chips before) and the color match is excellent. However, the bumper was not aligned when I picked it up...2 hours later it was aligned. Then the first rainy day and one of my headlight washer units would not retract. More time and work to rectify.

The service bill was close to $400USD (Please, i know, don't ask, prices in Taiwan are just different than in the US.) I told them I'm unsatisfied. They asked what would satisfy my. I told them not paying the maintenance. So far, I have not paid and that was two weeks ago. I'm waiting for them to call with a discounted price, but they know I'm a bit of a hard ass and I think they are afraid to call.

But I would want the following:
a) the job done right and everything restored to the proper condition
b) an explanation for why it went so wrong. Who is touching my car that seems so careless or poorly trained?
c) goodwill/discounts on future maintenance, since your repair was under warranty and not out of pocket.
Appreciate 0