View Single Post
      03-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #181
fred0
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 326i (e90)

iPhone & 6FL

So, after reading this entire thread and especially the information from cisoid, it seems to me that the 6FL option may very well be the perfect interface for the upcoming iPhone.

I currently have the dealer installed MOST bus interface (just got it this past week) and have experienced all the issues posted ad nauseum here and in other forums. To say the least, I am displeased. Since I intend to get the iPhone the instant it is released, I am concerned about my current adapter as it takes over the iPod interface. I suspect that doing so might very well lock you out of the iPhone interface in general (including non-iPod functions).
To that end, since the 6Fl usb option is merely serial control and a metadata conduit that does not take over the interface and relies on the iPod for functions such as shuffle, it should work perfectly with the iPhone, allowing use of non-iPod functions while still controlling and playing music in the background.

I originally purchased my e90 specifically on the promise of full iPod integration just around the corner. Yes, I bought a car for my iPod. I'm not ashamed to admit that.

So, now, with 2 years on my lease remaining and a sub-standard interface in my glove box, I wish I were in a position to buy this year (yes, I know, I could try to sell the lease through swapalease or something, but I'm over my mileage allowance making it unappealing).

I look forward with envy at hearing reports as the new cars start to arrive.
Appreciate 0