Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Have you ever seen a German? Sgt. Schultz was no exageration. But anyway... it sounds like BMW has done their usual 80% finished job with respect to yet another technical feature. The good news is that they still charge more than most manufacturers for EVERYTHING (i.e. $595 for Sirius radio.. give me a break).

I think some of the problems and quirks with NAV systems in general are not the fault of the unit or provider, but the fact that this is still really an emerging technology at the consumer level and some addresses are just not accurately recorded in the databases.

That said, my Garmin Nuvi 660 does an awesome job of directing me to the address and doesn't say I'm there until I'm really there. It also tells me whether it is left or right (and tells me this in advance too, so I can be in the proper lane and ready to turn). The Garmin also interprets text to speech pretty darn well, and tells me street names out loud, etc. This is really nice when you don't have the time to look at the screen.
the guy at the dealer told me to get a nuvi instead of idrive.

I don't understand I-drive why it have to be everything using the click wheel why they can make it simple like touchscreen that will be cool :rocks: