01-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #874
Jake335xi
Jake335xi
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi MSport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Haven't read all the pages here but had an interesting experience I thought was worth sharing. I have a 2009 335i (picked up on 11/15/2008, build date early October 2008) and had never received a recall notice. When I took it in for service today, the SA said there was only a software update required for my car and that my build date didn't fall under the HPFP recall.

One of the things I was getting serviced, however, was a long crank at start-up. Turns out the problem that was causing the long crank was in fact a faulty HPFP so they processed my car as a recall and replaced the HPFP. I haven't seen which part they used (933 vs 446) since I'm picking the car up tomorrow but still thought I'd share for anyone facing a similar build date issue on their N54 ride.
I was originally told my VIN number did not show up on the recall as well, it wasn't until a few months later that it did come up. The Service rep said that BMW is a bit slow getting to all the vehicles that require the recalled part. In BMW's defence however, they do have thousands of vehicles to get to with the recall in both the US and Canada.

I also noticed that the crank decreased significantly with the new HPFP. My car starts almost instantly, even during the -24 degree Celsius temps we had last week.

E92 335xi MSport Coupe - Dinan Stage 2
Appreciate 0