View Single Post
      05-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #10
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

That's the thing about my OEM Pre-LCI they won't open unless cut, that's why I only want OSS to handle them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0OS3 View Post
baking is definitely out of the question... i recently put in LCI halogens to replace my pre-LCI halogens. I tried to bake at 300degrees for 10 minutes, and the headlight itself started to melt and all the mounting points melted down; the glue didn't even budge. It was just an experiment just to see what it took to get them open, but it seems much harder than it appears. One headlight is open, but i'm going to try and BOIL the other one open... tools necessary are sort of hard to find. (huge 50qt metal drum with a hot plate hot enough to boil that much water). If that works, i'll post up a DIY, if not... well, looks like i'm tossing some old pre-lci headlights in the garbage lol

As for the OSS question, you can mount Angel Eyes in ANY headlight.. people have even fitted them in their fog lights. My ex put angel eyes in her Jeep Grand Cherokee headlights so its doable, just the method of doing so is the difficult part.
Appreciate 0