04-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchilds310 View Post
So i've been searching around the forums and google but can find a definitive answer on a few things:

1. Are there any differences between the 2011, 2012, and 2013 335is models? i.e. features, packages, i-drive, iphone connectivity

2. when did bmw start using the new hpfp? i believe it was sometime around june/july of 2010? I am trying to determine what build date would have the newest updates

3. is the 335is covered undered the voluntary hpfp recall?

4. would cpo cover wastegate, hpfp, thermostat, or water pump issues?

Thanks in advance everyone
1. In the middle of the 2011 model year (as of September 2010 production, to be exact), the entire 3 Series lineup got Combox if you got certain other options. You definitely got it with iDrive, and I think there was another way to get it too. It would show up on a build sheet though, code 6VC. It's been beaten to death in various threads, but the headline features are Bluetooth audio streaming (not just phone calls), the ability to use the standard white USB cable for iPhones rather than the Y-adapter, album art displayed on iDrive (when playing music over USB, not Bluetooth), and the ability to display received text messages on iDrive over Bluetooth if your device supports it (iOS 6 devices do, not sure what Android versions do). Displaying inbound email over Bluetooth also theoretically works, but I've read it's still pretty buggy on iPhones and I for one already spend too many hours of my life plagued by email as it is, so I have no desire to ruin my enjoyment of my car by turning it into yet another delivery mechanism.

For 2012, I think the Premium Package was expanded, but I'm not 100% certain. It definitely was for the M3 and ended up including options that weren't M3-specific, like iDrive, so I think that happened on the regular 3ers too. Easiest way to find that out would be to Google "2011 BMW 3 Series Ordering Guide" to find the PDFs, then do the same for 2012 and compare them. Same for 2012 to 2013, though I don't think there were any changes there.

2. Not sure about HPFP cutover, though I remember threads about people having HPFP issues even with the new part. The warranty on that has been extended to 8 years / 100K miles, I believe.

3. I believe so.

4. I believe so -- but read the terms of the CPO first if you're concerned. In fact, read them anyway.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 04-04-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0