View Single Post
      09-23-2010, 01:00 AM   #31
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
A computer or engine management system can only give a warning if a specific event is programmed and the computer is still in control. If that were the case the computer would give a warning and then shutdown the engine in a controlled manner. Clearly that does not seem to be the case here where the engine (and potentially the computer) suffered a catastrophic failure in mid-flight at 65km/h.

At some point after the car was restarted, the engine warning light came on (as reported by the service manager), but it's easier to report a rare failure after the fact than it is to predict and prevent it.
glad they ain't in the aircraft engine business anymore..it wouldn't matter if they checked my blackbox beeped for engine failure after the crash happened..unless offcourse I discovered I was as skilled as Captain Sully of the Hudson river landing dare fame..they surely need the computer working on those sensors!!
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |

Last edited by cruvon; 09-23-2010 at 02:23 AM..
Appreciate 0