View Single Post
      07-02-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
Pedal2Floor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Euro Delivery Fall 2008

Thumbs up Positive Review: (ED) Jim Salkin -- BMW of Darien

Just wanted to post that I have had a very positive experience with Jim Salkin of BMW of Darien Connecticut in regards to my upcoming European Delivery.

I visited and spoke with every BMW dealership in the state.

BMW of Bridgeport
BMW of Greenwich (Apparently I was under dressed for Greenwich, they asked me if I was lost
BMW of New London
BMW of North Haven (after 3 calls by me and the CA saying he would call me back because he was too busy, I am still waiting for the phone call
BMW of Ridgefield
BMW of Watertown
Continental BMW of Darien
New Country Motor Cars, Inc.

Why didn't I simply use one of the board sponsors and make my life simple? Because I do believe in using local businesses whenever possible. If I had not met Jim Salkin, one of the board sponsors would have gotten my call.

The responses I received where all over the place. From CA's who did not care, others who never bothered to call back after asking about ED and one who would only do ED using the US on the lot price, to CA's who pretented to have done previous EDs even though they did not even know about the Welt to others who were completely unreasonable in the negociation -- to my favorite qoute of the whole experience "If you want to do European Delivery, then I will charge you double for the car" Folks, he was serious and pretty much started to pack up his paper work after that.

Jim was staight forward -- I came in on a Saturday with all my paper work and exactly what I wanted. I had calculated everything in Excel and printed out the spreadsheet. When he saw the price sheet he asked me "Did you get this from Bimmerfest or e90post"

Jim watches the boards and has obviously gone through the process before. He has made everything easy thus far.

If there are other CT festers looking for a dealer for European Delivery, I would highly recommend this dealer and especially Jim Salkin. One additional note, they have a customer loyalty type of program and you can get a discount if you are a repeat customer. BMW of Darien is also the same auto group that runs the Mini dealership in Stamford of which my brother has had nothing but high praise and have addressed several minor issues he has had with his car.
Appreciate 0