View Single Post
      09-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
SubzeroVR4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/F85 X5M

How Exactly is the Adaptive Headlight Suppose to Function?

I have my headlights in the auto position.

From a stop, my headlights are aimed lower and driverside is pointing to the left shoulder of the road until my speed hits above 30 mph, then they seem to rise a inch and the driver side headlight centers itself.

If I turn on fog light, the driver side headlight lowers and pans towards left shoulder of road regardless of the speed.

If I turn the headlight switch to the ON position I only get the leveling function.

Ok, my question and it could be malfunction.

I took a 400 mile trip this weekend and driving at night the driverside headlight occasionally aimed itself over to the left shoulder of the road. Fogs were off and headlight was in auto. I was driving appox 80mph. I slowed down to about 50mph and then they centered and so I speed back up to 80 and it took maybe 5 miles or so and the driverside headlight did it again. But sometimes it would center. I didn't get any errors. If I move the switch on ON the driverside headlight would center itself like normal. I'm just confused as to why it thinks it needs to light up the left side of the road in some places?
'21 Civic Type R
Appreciate 0