View Single Post
      01-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
josephbet01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 328i

I think we're on the wrong path.

If this thread is going to be of any use to anyone, it's going to have to address what's best for 99% of us. That makes sense because the standard AA and OE tunes are probably written to enhance performance for the stock car and further enhance the most common aftermarket intake and exhaust systems 99% of us will probably have installed.

These tunes can't address every possible setup, so the developer has to make an "educated guess" on what needs to be tweaked so the most customers see worthy gains. Depending on your setup you may see more or less gains, but is it worth flying an engineer across the country to get those 2 extra ponies left on the table out of your new intake? Are we going to pay to have an engineer custom tune the car remotely? Probably not for most of us.

OE or AA may have more than 1 canned tune available. One size tune may not fit all, but best out of 3 wouldn't be so bad. I don't know. They'd have to chime in here and tell us how it works.

Let's take this thread in a direction that will benefit most of us. We can assume we all have stock cars or stock cars with the addition of an aftermarket intake and exhaust system. Bolt-on stuff easily found online. In this case, which tune will deliver more - OE or AA? OE is claiming 25HP on their website. That's a serious bump in power but is it verified by any e90post users?

No crazy custom made titanium exhaust with afterburner. No having an MIT undergraduate student reengineer the intake. 99% of us are not going that direction, so lets not bring the thread there either. This could end up being a great thread for anyone on the fence deciding which tune to get... like me.
Appreciate 0