View Single Post
      03-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #15
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post
lol its all good man... i just happen to be a tech so its no big deal... imo, its better to inform u guys about things like this rather than having customer bring it into the shop and waste their/my time......

the car cant run the tank leakage test with the car running so it does it everynow and then when you shut the car off... weird but true.. just like sometimes the electric fan will run when the car is shut off... if you have a 335i you might even hear the water pump running to circulate the coolant through the turbo's so they dont overheat themselves
Thanks for that information, I appreciate it. It is great to have this kind of knowledge.

Yeah, I had other cars that the fan ran for a few minutes after the car shut off and that too bothered me. It tells me that the car was poorly design, it was like it was barely keeping itself cool. Those were not performance cars and I can see a performance car needing continue cooling after shut down.

I did not think it was the fan on the power amp since it makes no sense because as soon as you turn off the power the amp would begin to cool down. Unlike an engine which the cylinder are still much hotter than the rest of the engine and might still need water circulating to bring their temp down.
Appreciate 0