Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
Your car may have the Mp3 update, but that doesn't mean it has the latest Mp3 update. I had the same problem until I brought mine in for a problem with the navi, after getting it updated in February last year it fixed my Mp3 problems. Another problem I had was that the indash would sometimes keep playing/advancing the disc for 5-10 minutes after shutting off the engine and locking the doors.
The track advancing while paused is not a big deal but annoying....what really grinds my gears is the MP3 playback problem. I feel so helpless trying to find a dealer willing to check it out. I live near New Century BMW and they told me it has the MP3 update and it should work. It would be nice if I could find someone with a BMW E90 that can play MP3 cd's. Maybe I'm burning them wrong. I tried it many times with many of the methods here and nothing. I don't even get any error message. The CD icon is grayed out. I feel like most dealers don't want to bother if you didn't buy the car from them. I guess my only bet is Southbay BMW where I bought the car but it's a long drive for me. At this point I don't care anymore. I just want it to work like it suppose to.
Appreciate 0