02-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #32
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Oops! Oh well moving on then...........

My car isn't boring I'll have you know lol. If you mean they don't 'flatter' you into thinking you're a good driver then yes, you have a point and yes, a fault I'd say, if you can call it a fault, is that you can lack a sense of how fast you're really going, until you check out the digital speedo, my excuse why 6 of my points were gained in the S5.

Quattro should not be used as a given to be fool hardy though, physics are physics.

Tis a lot of money for a small car, but technology isn't cheap these days. Dry sump lubrication a la Porsche, 4 pot piston calipers and brakes made in conjunction with Brembo (apparently), dual clutch gearbox as standard etc and that's just the RS3. The little 1M is also the same price @ £39,990 OTR but without the above features and in manual box.

Hey,

I think you know what I mean....it's just hasn't that 'feel' you get from BMW's. I know I might sound ultra bias when I say that. Even the RS4 which I drove - tremendous engine and traction - but it was all spoilt by that, almost, 'unwanted' feeling you get when driving a fast Audi. Yet, compared that to my recent escapades in an M3 - I would chose the M3 all day long. HOWEVER....If i was to choose one for my wife to drive with the little'un - it would be the RS4. Of course, I wouldn't say 'no' if someone offered to give me an RS4 for nowt

How's the TTRS treating you?
Appreciate 0