View Single Post
      11-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #69
cupertinosteve
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

While I can't speak for anyone else, I'll just speak for myself.

I do have a decent 1/4 mile time (actually a little over 150+ slips) with my FBO+meth setup, I haven't gone lately for a few different reason:
#1 - I'm busy ... its 2.5 hrs to get there and I waste a whole evening instead of spending time with the kids, which I really enjoy.
#2 - I'm afraid I'm going to break something and I don't feel like doing that at this point. I will do it in the future, when I pick up another backup car. I sold my other 335 and so I'm just left with one car now - I have to be able to take the kids to school.

I think a lot of people underestimate that the drag race launch is very hard on the car, I don't feel like adding a half-shafts, valve body upgrades, torque converters or an aftermarket 6AT.

On the street with street tires, I have no issue or concerns, the tires will break traction far earlier than anything else breaking. As for my speed-ego, I know i'm faster than most things out there. There is always someone faster and I'm ok with that.

Regarding the 6AT shifting challenges, I'm not proud to say I've done a handful of 4-5 shift runs in a marginally safe manner and did not experience any shifting issues prior to the event. So I thought things would run smoothly.

The 6AT shifting problems only manifested itself at the airstrip event. Even on the drive home, I was able to do a 2-3-4-5 shifts under WOT with no issues. That's not to say we are close the limit on the 6AT. Who knows really.

As far as videos, I gave them to FFTEC ... they will do whatever they want with them. I'm too busy to do anything with them.
Appreciate 0