A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
Paranoia reaches dizzying new heights.

I expect a spate of people breaking into car to steal them.

Or in the case of BMWs, opening them with copied keys and stealing them.
+1. I dont quite get it, I mean even if you are filming and the person in front suddenly brakes and you hit him. You still are at fault regardless of footage. In terms of the security feature of motion detection. Its not as if the camera moves and tracks a possible intruder as he/she walks round the car is it?

Thief: " oh look there is a lovely nice handbag on the rear seat... Ill take that * smashes window *

Blackvue camera: " oh... ahh ha intruder... no ... wait.. excuse me sir can you just approach the front of the car so that I can capture your face........... Please? ... pretty please... with a cherry on top?... give me a break pal... my owner will think im useless "

Thief: " Oh thats a nice looking camera next to the rearview mirror. should I steal it?... No its probably crap "

I asked earlier why this was better than a Go Pro HD and still can not find a reason. At least with one of these you can film track days, road journeys, it can be mounted externally and it can also be used whilst doing other activities without a car.

Appreciate 0